Wednesday 11 December 2013

We Are The Romans

Back in the late 90's my musical taste took a massive detour into the mental and chaotic side of metal/hardcore. This record, along with Dillinger Escape Plans Calculating Infinity, Envys Angel's Curse Whispered In The Edge Of Despair, Drowningman's Busy Signal At The Suicide Hotline and Converges When Forever Come Crashing would usher in that style that I'd listen to through the early 2000's and would introduce the term Math-core to the masses.

Botch - We Are The Romans


This is the recent repress of the classic landmark record for the genre. I'd been meaning to grab one since it was announced but had got sidetracked, so I was pleased when I visited a record store that had it and I was able to pick a copy up.


Pressed on a heavyweight gatefold sleeve this is really well presented on double vinyl. The only downer is it's once again on Black rather than one of the colour variants. I always have mixed feelings on this as in an ideal world I'd have snagged one of the Blue or Clear or Blue and Clear splatter versions, but then again you can't beat the feeling of finding a record you want in a physical store and whilst I'm then at the mercy of whatever colour they have (usually the most common) I am at least shopping in an actual store and doing my small bit to keep such stores alive.


Superb record anyway and whilst eventually back in the day I got a little bored of this style of music this record like the others I mentioned earlier still more than holds strong today.

1 comment: