Monday 30 December 2013

Five In A Dive

As is tradition, the day after boxing day we ventured to this second hand record store I've spoken about previously that's in the middle of nowhere that always has a massive sale on that falls on this day. Usually I've been able to pick up some classic punk and metal records for next to nothing, but the place is going a bit down hill and despite promises to restock ('the thousands of records I've got in storage') the owner seems to be taking his sweet time about it. The LP hunt was a total bust so in desperation I headed over to the 7"s in the hope of finding anything just to make the trip slightly worthwhile. In the end I picked up these five original punk rock classics for around £1 a piece. Nothing rare or unusual here but good stuff I figured I'd throw up here before I put them away for ever.

Dead Kennedys - Holiday In Cambodia


This caught my eye simply because I hadn't seen this cover before. Usually I see the aeroplane cover - this one is much better.

Dead Kennedys - Kill The Poor


This comes with limited edition Biro on the front.

Sham 69 - If The Kids Are United

 
Classic! I like that cover too with the Punks, Skins etc crossed out
 
Stiff Little Fingers - Suspect Device


Who doesn't love the Stiff Little Fingers? This is their debut release

The Clash - London Calling


No comments:

Post a Comment