Thursday 12 December 2013

Let's Go

Remember back in march when I wrote about Rancid's ...And Out Come The Wolves, I said I still needed to pick up a copy of Let's Go? No? Well I did..

Rancid - Let's Go


I'd been avoiding this record for a while, not because I don't like it, shit, I love it, it's my favourite Rancid record actually. No I was avoiding it because it's really only available on two formats, double picture disc and double 10" vinyl. Two formats as I mentioned a couple of posts ago I'm less than enamoured with. I'm sure I've seen this on normal black vinyl before but I could be wrong.


Anyway, I finally took the plunge when I stumbled into a random record store one afternoon with a bit of change in my pocket and this was literally the ONLY decent record they had. Hell it was cheap enough and in my hand, I had to finally buy it 10" or not.


It's a well put together package in fairness and the double white vinyl at least matches my copy of A.O.C.T.W. It's a gatefold sleeve too which looks pretty good. When I bought this recently it's the first time I'd listened to all 23 tracks back to back in years - still a fantastic punk record.

2 comments:

  1. I remember ordering and receiving this when it came out. I have always hated 10"s, but I liked this because it felt different. To that point, I had only ever seen Epitaph press records on black vinyl 12" format, so this coming on double white 10" seemed like Epitaph were dipping their toe in the 'limited colour vinyl' pool, and it felt like they must have invested a lot of money in this album. I naturally assumed that once the initial pressing sold out that all future pressings would be on a black vinyl 12". So when it turned out that that every subsequent pressing was also put out on double 10" white vinyl, I started to hate this ten inch too like all the rest.
    On a related note, I always forget that 'Life Won't Wait'even exists. I bought that the day it came out and, to this day, I think I have listened to it once.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite Rancid release, I don't think any of their other stuff can touch this.

    ReplyDelete