Sunday 30 March 2014

Refuse / Resist

I had an epic mail day yesterday. If I'm ever gonna get round to showing you the haul of records I recieved, I better start working through the back log a whole lot quicker than I have been.

Sepultura - Chaos AD


When ever I think of this era Sepultura I always think back to listening to the 1994 Monsters Of Rock festival on the radio. It was the first time I'd ever heard bands I liked of this kind on commercial radio. I sat in my room all day listening to Sepultura, Pantera, Biohazard. Awesome!

Anyway, this is one of my favourite metal records ever. I think I said in my Entombed - Wolverine Blues post that this for me is one of the records that grabbed metal by the scruff of the neck and dragged into the new millenium. Some folks credit Arise as Sepulturas best work and it's also a great record but for me Chaos AD wins out ever time as the definitive Sepultura experience.

 
You'd think after such hefty praise I'd already own this on vinyl, but as usual after owning it on at least 2 previous formats and being so familiar with the songs it's one of those records I wanted but was in no hurry to pick up. When it was in front of me in a record store with its glossy repressed cover though, I couldn't resist.

3 comments:

  1. Solid, but my favorite is Beneath The Remains. Chaos AD is probably the last Sepultura record that I really enjoyed though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think everything they did up to Roots is quality. I didn't listen to anything once Max had gone. I'd probably put BTR above Arise Mike but Chaos AD still wins for me.

    ReplyDelete
  3. great record and my favourite sepul stuff too.

    ReplyDelete