Sunday 31 August 2014

The Coalesce Kids

I'm always eager to fill in the gaps in my Coalesce collection. So recently I picked up a copy of this split 7" from 1997.

The Get Up Kids / Coalesce - Split


This release sees both bands cover a track by the other band. Strangely the tracks are then renamed, I don't know why and I don't know if I've ever seen that before either?!? Now, I don't mind the Get Up Kids, they have some decent songs but this is far from their greatest moment. Coalesce fair far better making The Second Place or 'I'm giving up on this one' as it's called here sound very much like one of their own songs.


I knew this release was available on about 13 different colours so was bummed at first to just be picking up a black one. That was until I took it out of the sleeve and realised it had stamped centre labels, the other copies if seen had proper black centre labels. Discogs seems to suggest this is a 1st Press version out of 300 sold on The Get Up Kids Fall/Winter tour of '97. Be nice if it was that version, can anyone confirm??

No comments:

Post a Comment