Saturday 9 August 2014

Paid In Full

Back in December I posted up the debut 7" by Cross Me that Speedowax had put out. I liked it a lot and I think I said something like 'by rights these should be the next band to blow up'. Well, I don't know about blowing up but in the last 7 months or so I've certainly seen them getting more attention. They've also just dropped their second 7", but we'll get on to that in a minute. First...

Cross Me - S/T


When I saw that the ever brilliant Speedowax were putting out a second press of the first Cross Me record I jumped at the chance to get another copy, especially as the previous pressing were all on black vinyl. Different colour cover for the second press (it's Speedowax so of course) and a nice red vinyl to boot. 100/107!


Cross Me - Paid In Full


So on to the new record. I was stoked when I heard that Cross Me were putting out another record, and then I realised who was releasing it - The dreaded Flatspot Records. I won't go over it all again but I'd been less than impressed with this label in the past. This time though the record got here with no problems and surprisingly as their packaging is still fucking awful, no damage!


So what of the record? Well it's good, it's really good. The band seem to have gone a tad thrashier on this release and I like it, Bad Company especially from the couple of listens I've had is a barnstormer, sounding like a more metallic Expire! Great stuff and another sweet release from the band. More please!

 
Milky Clear vinyl out of 250

1 comment:

  1. I love that different cover. I'm still waiting on this from Flatspot. We'll see if it ever comes!

    ReplyDelete