Wednesday 6 November 2013

Through The Turnstile Again

You know how it is, a second press of a record is released, you have no intention of picking it up and then some pesky blogger goes and points out that there's differences between the pressings and suddenly you HAVE to have one.

Turnstile - Step 2 Rhythm


It was Mike in this instance who posted up his newly acquired copies of this repress from Reaper Records. Despite having a decent collection of the bands first single I'm still not entirely impressed with this offering so wasn't going to bother, especially as Mike had received two copies of the second press but only one had a different sleeve, however I took the risk and luckily got a second press sleeve.


The differences other than the Pink vinyl obviously are that the sleeve is slightly darker than the first press and has 'Second Press' printed on the back. The vinyl it's self this time round isn't as thick as the first press versions.  Also the B-side label has changed.


Of course now I have this version of the second press and three copies of the record in total I'm now thinking I should really pick up the two colours I'm missing (See Mike's group shot here). Quite the reversal of thinking eh? My other two posts on this record can be read here and here .

4 comments:

  1. What can I say? I'm a sucker for pink records too

    ReplyDelete
  2. Glad to be one of those pesky bloggers! Ha! One can never have enough Turnstile records.

    ReplyDelete
  3. the first press looks like it was done at united,and the second press in europe by gz vinyl i suckered into buying two as well but it's worth it

    ReplyDelete