Monday 19 May 2014

Mutoid Man

Sometimes you don't need to hear a record to know it's gonna be right up your street. When I heard about this record being released by Cave In's Stephen Brodsky and Converge's Ben Koller, I knew it would be so far up my street it would be practically smashing down my front door and taking a welcome place on the couch.

Mutoid Man - Helium Head


I've had this a while now and I like this record a lot. Given the guys involved you'd be forgiven for thinking this might sound like one of their full time bands or maybe some sort of mish-mash of the two? It doesn't, Mutoid Man serves up distorted, driving, prog-rock with some seriously catchy hooks. It actually took me awhile to track down this record and in the end I had to get it as part of my big rev order a month or so ago. Typically a few days later the exact same copy turned up in my local record store...what are the chances.


I like the artwork on display here too. It's kinda 'out there' but I think it suits the music pretty well. I picked up the Green version of the record, no idea of pressing numbers but it was also released on Red, Purple and Clear.



No comments:

Post a Comment