Friday 25 January 2013

We've Got To Disengage

I don't really know how it happened but I realised today that I somehow didn't blog about an album I got last year. This -


Disengage - Expressions. I really enjoyed this album, it's a total ripper so I'm not sure why I didn't write about it at the time, in fact I thought I had. I must have got it in one of those months where loads of records came through almost all at once. 12 tracks in about as many minutes.


Here's some late  photos of the record and it's sweet old skool feeling sleeve. Which surely takes it's inspiration from Uniform Choice?


880 on Black like this one and 120 on White. The white one looks especially nice but I missed out on one of those unfortunately.

So moving on. What prompted me to realise that I hadn't featured this previously, was this week's arrival of a record I'd been hoping to grab a copy of since I got Expressions. Disengages previous release Look Back.


I only caught on to the band just as the full length was coming out so by the time I looked to see if I could grab this too it was sold out. It finally appeared on eBay a week or so ago though and I was finally able to nab it. Stoked!


Once again the layout and art work for this thing is gloriously simple. This 7" EP that came out in 2010, whilst not as instant as the LP, is great too.


Sweet looking black vinyl with the Wishing Well style centre labels. 362 on Black with this sleeve. Another 38 have a record release show sleeve.

No comments:

Post a Comment