Monday 22 April 2013

Black Masses

I've been loving the doomy stoner side of the rock/metal world over the last year or so. I've always been into Sabbath and a few stoner rock bands but my love for this style has really been kindled now. Maybe it's an age thing?!?
So with this in mind I ventured to my local record store recently (they have a good stock of this kinda thing) to get a new fix. I stumbled upon a band I had often seen the name of but don't think I'd actually ever heard, Electric Wizard. The shop had a few records by the band, but not knowing where to start I opted for what looked to be not only the most interesting, but also the cheapest. This is the bands 2010 effort Black Masses, released on the always trusty Rise Above Records. Awesome layout. Double Gatefold Lp on black (180 gram??) vinyl. I was a bit bummed that this was only on black as its pressed on around 20 different colours it seems but as the record is called Black Masses maybe it's the most apt? Looking at the other pressing numbers I'd presume this is of 400.
Cool band, if anyone has any suggestion for their best stuff let me know.







3 comments:

  1. It took me a long time to finally get into this band. Their songs are so sllllooooowwwww. Recently though, I've been starting to dig them, and need to pick up some of their vinyl.

    ReplyDelete
  2. best record IMO:

    Dopethrone
    Supercoven

    ReplyDelete