Friday 12 July 2013

Scum On The Run

I can't remember who, but one of my fellow bloggers just described this 7" as 'Fucking RED' which made me chuckle as it's hard to get away from just how red and one coloured this thing is. This is the Scum On The Run 7" from The Flex.


Following in the footsteps of Violent Reaction and having a similar style as well as sharing a drummer The Flex are the latest band to be doing the early 80's hardcore/Boston Hardcore style thing and they do it well.


In fact out of these and Violent Reaction I'm gonna side with The Flex all day long as where as Violent Reaction are from Liverpool, The Flex are from my home town of Leeds. I'm not an 'LS4 Lad' though, these boys are posh compared to me. LS10 REPRESENT!!


This redder than red vinyl release is limited to 600 copies. With bands like VR, The Flex and Obstruct etc the UK is in pretty good hands at the moment



4 comments:

  1. it took me some research what ls4 and ls10 means. ls10 area is south of leeds and ls4 closer to city centre, right?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah it's just the post codes mate. and yes LS10 is South leeds

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm glad someone got a chuckle from my "red" comments. This is a pretty awesome 7". Hopefully there will be more to come.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ah of course it was you Chris, I couldn't remember who said it.

    ReplyDelete