Friday 25 October 2013

Abra Kadavar

Long flowing shiny locks, perfectly sculptured beards that ZZ Top would be envious of, it must another 70's inspired rock/doom record.

Kadavar - Abra Kadavar

I heard this band a while ago and thought they were great, so as soon as Mike posted up his copy a few months ago I knew I should grab a copy myself. Obviously, I subsequently, as is often the case, listened to another band and forgot about Kadavar until I saw the record in my local record store a few weeks back.


Typically the one problem I fall foul to with buying from record stores is being at the mercy of whatever vinyl colour they have in stock as opposed to having a choice. It probably goes without saying that whilst there are loads of colour versions of this record across it's five pressings I of course have a black version. Ah well, gives me something to hunt down I guess.


Gatefold sleeve that includes a big poster.


Is it just me or does the Kadavar member with the more restrained facial hair look like a dead ringer for Bill Bailey?

1 comment:

  1. I was just listening to this last night...the album is great, but Doomsday Machine is a fucking amazing song.

    ReplyDelete