Tuesday 31 December 2013

Back(track) To The Future

As we come to the end of 2013 one of the records I'm most looking forward to in 2014 is Backtracks Lost In Life. I posted up the taster 7" Can't Escape a few days ago and it's a promising sign for the LP that's to come. Anyway, on posting that up I realised that there was still one Backtrack release I didn't own.

Backtrack - Deal With The Devil b/w The '08 Demo


In 2010 The Limit Records (Dutch label I think) released Backtracks previous two 7" releases The '08 Demo and Deal With The Devil on a single 12". I'd looked at this a couple of times previously but as I already owned multiple copies of the aforementioned original releases I always found something else to spend my money on. It was finally time for completest sake to add this to the collection though.


As you can see the artwork is completely in keeping with artwork Backtrack are becoming well known for with their releases and at the time this continued the black and white theme of the first 7" releases. Obviously with the new LP sharing this style of art as did Darker Half this cover makes even more sense.


The pressing info for this release was 100 on White vinyl (pre-order edition), 100 on Silver vinyl (tour edition) and 300 on Black vinyl like the one pictured above. It goes without saying that the coloured versions were long gone by the time I finally pounced on this. It's good to have all the songs together in one place like this though, means I don't have to crack the 7"s out to listen to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment