Sunday 4 August 2013

Droppin' Suckas Three Times

I wasn't going to feature this record on here, it was I thought going to be one of the fillers or older releases I get that I just don't have a huge amount to say on or isn't very interesting in its self. However there is a small (and probably not very interesting) story here so I figured I'd do a quick post. I'm using my phone to do this so I'm sorry if it ends up looking like crap.

                             

The record is of course Droppin' Many Suckers by Madball. I guess the bands first proper release really after the Ball Of Destruction 7". Anyway, the reason I'm taking the trouble to post this up is because I thought I already owned this record, but it turns out I didn't. I remember originally buying this in around 93/94 and having it for a few years, but then I sold it or traded it only to buy it again a couple of years later - lets say 1998 for arguments sake - and there the record has stayed in my collection or so I thought.

                    

Then a few weeks ago I was looking through my 7" list and glanced at the four or five Madball releases and noticed it was missing. I checked my 'M' box and sure enough it was nowhere to be seen. I have no clue what happened to it as I thought it was in the small selection of records I kept hold of during the 2000's. Maybe I sold it or maybe I just lost it through the changes in houses over the last decade or so. Either way this makes this the third time I have bought this release. It's quite easy to forget you own a record but any one else been sure they have a record only to find out they don't??

                     

The record it's self is standard black vinyl I picked up off eBay for a few pounds. There must have been a load of these pressed but I just read on Discogs that the colour version on purple was out of only 250.

1 comment:

  1. Dude this is awesome, I have a dismall Madball collection and the name of my blog is after a Madball song. I need to remedy that!!!!

    ReplyDelete