Monday 3 March 2014

Icepick

I was buying something, I forget what, from a European distro a while ago and wanted to round up the amount I was spending and this caught my eye.

Icepick - Quicksand


Truth be told I don't know a huge amount about Icepick (Jamey Jasta is in a band of the same name is he not?), I'd heard the name before and the cover caught my eye. I know they were from Holland and have long since split up but that's about it. This is decent enough stuff though and I enjoyed the two songs on offer well enough, it has a Bad Brains vibe in places. Their two releases I can find were five years apart so I'm thinking this was maybe a reunion release or something? Man, I have no idea. As their full length was seemingly only released on CD I doubt I'll listen to anything else.


This Green version of the record is out of 400. It was also released on Blue out of 100.

2 comments:

  1. Icepick started out in 2001 or 2002, somewhere in 2003 or maybe it was 2004 already their demo dropped, total Icemen/True Blue worship. Still love that release the most. Later in 2005 Goldrush dropped. They played a lot around 2003 till 2006, but played less and less in the years after. Around 2008 the demo recordings of Quicksand/Seasons Change were put online. After not playing a show in years they did a show in 2010 and it was announced as their last show, but apperently they are stil rehearsing and demo-ing songs from time to time.

    ReplyDelete