Sunday 31 May 2015

Through Being Cool

When it comes to record collecting and releases and what not I go through phases. Sometimes it feels like my finger is on the pulse and I know what's happening out there, and then other times like at the moment I don't have a clue what's going on or what's being released. Take your eye off the prize for 5 seconds and it seems like 10 records have been released you had no idea about. 

Saves The Day - Through Being Cool


This right here is a record I love, it's one of my favourite albums of all time and is a brilliant example of how melodic- hardcore / power pop / pop punk or what ever you wanna call it can be done. I've wanted it on vinyl for ages and have nearly pulled the trigger on an original copy a few times but it's asking price has been pretty steep. So it was a real WTF?!?! Moment when I was looking in a distro and saw it listed. When the hell was this re-released? Anyway, I added it to the cart quickly and it's finally mine on vinyl.


It would have been nice to get a colour version but honestly I just wanted it on vinyl so don't really care that it's just black. Limited 180gram exclusive retail only pressing no less!!! Haha what the hell does that mean? No doubt there's thousands of these.
Anyway, great record!! I can hang with this and the debut all day long, it's a shame the change in style after this was so drastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment