Monday 23 June 2014

Check yourself, before you wreck yourself

The Admirals back and he's ready to rock. I like to think of Admiral Sir Cloudesley Shovell as a person, the big bird headed thing on the album covers actually. I heard the debut LP a year or so ago whilst in the midst of a big 70's hard rock phase here and it was glorious. So I was pretty pleased when a follow up was quickly announced by Rise Above.

Admiral Sir Cloudesley Shovell - Check 'em, Before You Wreck 'em


This record definately see's the Admiral in second album territory. It's less instant and formulaic than the first record with the band experimenting a bit more. Not that it's any less rocking if course. The band still deliver the goods in fine fashion.


As always with Rise Above there's a wealth of vinyl options and 'die hard' editions to be had but I settled here for a Red / Black Marbled version of 400 copies. It looks really good actually. As does the gatefold packaging in general.

           

1 comment:

  1. Yes! I've been a fan since the first album, but I really like this one a lot more. The thicker the better....

    ReplyDelete